Is 5’2 short for a man? That’s the question that I’ll be exploring today.
As you probably know already, 5 feet 2 inches is pretty small for a man, and being a 5’2 male may present a few challenges. But in this article, I’ll explain how 5’2 men can make the most of their height and avoid being too self-conscious about their stature.
Compare More Heights:
- US male height average
- Is 5’2 short for a woman?
- Is 5’3 considered short for a man?
- Is 5’4 considered short for a man?
- Is 5’5 considered short for a man?
- Is 5’6 considered short for a man?
- Is 5’7 considered short for a man?
- Is 5’8 considered short for a man?
- Is 5’9 considered short for a man?
- Is 5’10 considered short for a man?
- Is 5’11 considered short for a man?
Is 5’2 short for a guy?
Is 5’2 short for a guy? Yes, a height of 5’2 is extremely short for a guy because such a height is 7 inches shorter than average for an adult man.
Statistically, a 5’2 man will be shorter than over 95% of other men that he encounters. Obviously, this means that there are still some men who are 5ft 2in, especially in countries where the men tend to be smaller.
Additionally, a 5’2 boy who’s in puberty can expect to get taller if he has a growth spurt. But if a 5’2 male is in his late teens or early 20s, then the chances of him getting taller are significantly reduced.
Research does show that many men these days are dissatisfied with their height and that some men, particularly shorter men, even experience height discrimination.  More on this in a minute.
Related: Average weight for a 5’2 male
Are 5’2 men at a disadvantage?
As mentioned, 5’2 men are a whopping 7 inches shorter than average for an adult man. But how does this actually translate into a disadvantage?
Well, first off, some 5’2 men and 5’2.5 men report being ridiculed for being small, which is extremely mean and, quite frankly, upsetting to read about.
Nobody should be ridiculed, especially not for a physical characteristic that they can’t control.
Additionally, since women tend to prefer men who are taller than themselves, a 5’2 man might have a harder time finding a partner.
The good news is that, in some cases, as much as 25% of women are 5’2 or shorter, meaning that roughly 1 in 4 women that a 5’2 man encounters will be his height or shorter.
Another disadvantage that 5’2 guys may face is buying clothes that fit them well.
There are so many plus-size options for overweight individuals these days, and rightly so, but the fashion industry often overlooks 5’2 men because catering for men of this height may not be profitable for them. 
How can a 5’2 man look taller?
As you hopefully realize, you can’t grow any taller by way of skeletal height unless you’re still growing, which you likely aren’t if you’re an adult.
That said, a 5’2 guy can absolutely make himself look taller.
Wearing regular shoes with a generous heel is the first tier of what you could call height boosting.
To get an even bigger height increase, you could wear height-increasing insoles, which can often give you an additional 1-2 inches of height.
There are also shoes available that can make you look significantly taller. So when you add up all the options—not that you need to make use of all of them at once—you can get a pretty big height boost by simply changing your footwear and insoles.
If this all seems a bit strange, know that there are probably quite a few 5’2 people walking around at a much taller height than their barefoot height thanks to the heels, insoles, and the like.
Are there any 5’2 male celebrities?
Yes, there are some 5’2 male celebrities. Notable famous men who are 5’2 include Paul Simon, Kevin Hart, Wallace Shawn, Jimmy Somerville, Paul Williams, and Angus Young.
Is Chuck Todd really 5’2″?
While there’s no way to know his exact height without a stadiometer, many online sources claim that the journalist Chuck Todd is 5’2″. 
Is Kevin Hart 5’2?
Is Kevin Hart 5’2? Yes, the comedian Kevin Hart is approximately 5’2. Some sources list him as taller, but many people agree that Kevin Hart is right around 5 feet 2 inches tall.
The verdict: Is it good to be a 5’2 person or not?
Obviously, if you ask most 5’2 men if they like being short, they’d probably say no. But if you look at the above list of celebrities—and there are plenty more than that—then you’ll realize that you can have a successful life and career as a 5’2 guy.
In fact, if you are a confident 5’2 man who doesn’t seem overly self-conscious about his height, then people will be very attracted to you because of your magnetic confidence, so to speak.
And remember, while you can’t grow taller as an adult, you can make yourself look taller by wearing certain kinds of shoes and insoles.
- Griffiths, S., Murray, S. B., Medeiros, A., & Blashill, A. J. (2017). The tall and the short of it: An investigation of height ideals, height preferences, height dissatisfaction, heightism, and height-related quality of life impairment among sexual minority men. Body image, 23, 146–154. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bodyim.2017.10.001
- Rahman, O., & Navarro, H. D. (2022). Men’s Physical Stature: Tackling Heightism and Challenges in Fashion Consumption. Behavioral sciences (Basel, Switzerland), 12(8), 270. https://doi.org/10.3390/bs12080270
- Kipling, E. (2020, October 29). How tall is Chuck Todd? Twitter roasts TV journalist for Biden interview! HITC. Retrieved from https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/10/29/how-tall-is-chuck-todd-twitter-roasts-tv-journalist-for-biden-interview/