Twelfth grade is an important time for teenagers. And naturally, since their bodies are changing, many boys and girls are curious about things like height and weight at this age.
With this in mind, we researched the average height and weight for 12th grade boys and girls so that you can see how you compare.
While you shouldn’t compare yourself to others constantly, many teens really want to know how they stack up, so to speak. So, to satisfy your curiosity, we pinpointed the precise weights and heights for 12th grade males and females.
Related Grade, Weight, and Height Guides:
- Average height for a teenage girl
- US average height
- What is the average weight for a 1st grader?
- What is the average weight for a 2nd grader?
- What is the average weight for a 3rd grader?
- What is the average weight for a 4th grader?
- What is the average weight for a 5th grader?
- What is the average weight for a 6th grader?
- What is the average weight for a 7th grader?
- What is the average weight for an 8th grader?
- What is the average weight for a 9th grader?
- What is the average weight for a 10th grader?
- What is the average weight for an 11th grader?
What is the average height for a 12th grader?
What is the average height for a 12th grader? The average height of a 12th grade boy is 5 feet 9 inches, and the average height for a 12th grade girl is 5 feet 4 inches.
By the 12th grade, most girls and boys have achieved their adult heights.
Indeed, girls generally reach their final height around 3 grades before twelfth grade.
Additionally, while some boys certainly keep growing beyond the 12th grade, many have also maxed out their height potential by this time.
Knowing all of this, it’s not uncommon for 12th grade girls and boys to be the same size as adult women and men.
What is the average weight for a 12th grader?
What is the average weight for a 12th grader? The average weight for a 12th grader is 170 pounds (77.1 kg) for boys and 149.7 pounds (67.9 kg) for girls.
As you can see, 12th grade boys are approximately 20 lbs (10 kg) heavier than 12th grade girls. This is mainly due to males being taller and having more muscle mass than females on average.
Since the previous grade, 12th grade boys have typically put on around 12-13 lbs of body mass, while girls have typically gained an additional 5 lbs of body weight.
Why do 12th graders have different heights and weights?
If you look at the students in any 12th grade class, you’ll see some who are tall and others who are short. Additionally, you’ll notice 12th graders that are skinny, some who are muscular, and some who are obese. Why so much variation?
In terms of height, genetics is the simple answer.
As for weight, a person’s body mass is certainly influenced by genetics to some degree, especially since taller individuals have heavier skeletons and the capacity for more muscle mass.
Still, if a 12th grader leads a very sedentary lifestyle, then they might weigh a lot more than average due to having excess body fat.
Exercise should be a big priority for everyone seeking good health, and 12th graders are no exception to this. Research shows, for example, that 12th graders who work more than 10 hours per week have lower rates of physical activity.
So although 12th graders naturally want to mature and earn their own money, it’s also important to achieve balance so that you can focus on your studies and health as well.
What age are 12th graders in America?
What age are 12th graders in America? In the United States, those who are in 12 grade are usually between the ages of 17 and 18 years old. In America, the twelfth grade is commonly called the senior year of high school.
In the UK, 12th grade is the equivalent of year 13 and is the second year of sixth-form college.
Twelfth graders shouldn’t feel superior or inferior to others just because they’re of a certain height or weight.
Nevertheless, it can be interesting to see how you compare to people of your own age when it comes to noticeable physical stats like your weight and height.
With that in mind, I hope that my article gave you the information that you were looking for. The average 12th grader height and weight will obviously vary by state and school to an extent, but I believe these averages to be fairly representative for 12th graders in general.
- Pruitt, S. L., & Springer, A. E. (2010). The association of employment and physical activity among black and white 10th and 12th grade students in the United States. Journal of physical activity & health, 7(1), 26–36. https://doi.org/10.1123/jpah.7.1.26
- What Courses Should Your 12th Grader Be Taking? (2020, March 19). ThoughtCo. Retrieved from https://www.thoughtco.com/12th-grade-social-studies-1828433